Thursday, April 11, 2013

Colourplay & Flying Colours at AQC 2013

For me, one of the lasting benefits of being part of the Twelve by Twelve International Art Quilt Challenge, has been the opportunity to test out design ideas in a small format before developing works on a larger scale.  Indeed, the Twelve by Twelve project has sparked many series in my portfolio.

My Flying Colours series started with Lorikeet Circus in the Colourplay challenge and the latest piece, Budgies Uncaged (125x125cm), has been selected as a finalist in the Australasian Quilt Convention 2013 challenge - FREE.

Come along to AQC in Melbourne next week, 18-21 April.  The fabulous Kirsten and I will be giving daily floor talks at the Colourplay exhibition at 1.30pm..
 Read about The Process of Creating Budgies Uncaged on my blog.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations! Such a beautiful quilt. So sorry I won't get down to Melbourne this year to see AQC.

Sandy said...

Hi, the photo doesn't seem to work. Though it looks like someone can.
If I click on it, it says something about forbidden... a bit like when you posted the tiled images of each 12. Those always had red crosses in the corner, too.
Sandy in the UK

Sandy said...

Looks good! thanks for sorting the link.
Sandy