Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Introducing Chartreuse, My Favorite Neutral

Instead of a color palette, I want to mix it up a bit more and give us free reign working with this color that makes my heart sing. I think it will be very fitting for a spring reveal.
From Wickipedia:
Chartreuse is a color halfway between yellow and green that was named because of its resemblance to the green color of one of the French liqueurs called green chartreuse introduced in 1764. And, remember, this is not lime green. Chartreuse is a much more sophisticated color!
If you want to have some fun, go to this site and play with color combos: labs.ideeinc.com/multicolr/#colors=829b40;
To show you how versatile this color is, here are some photos to whet your appetite.








8 comments:

kirsten said...

Oh, yes! One of my favourites, too!

Brenda Gael Smith said...

Such a delicious colour (especially for us redheads!) and I love the sound of the word "chartreuse" too.

Karen said...

I am so ready for this.

Cate Rose said...

My favorite color -- can't wait to see what you all do with it!

Diane Perin said...

I'm so not surprised by this choice -- but I love it! I can't believe how comfortable I am with this color compared to a few years ago!

Kristin L said...

I knew it! I was sure you'd include chartreuse, but did not figure it would be our "neutral." Fun, fun, fun. I'm going to go channel Freddie Moran now since she famously proclaimed another intense color to be a neutral!

Nikki said...

So many possibilities!

Diane Perin said...

Caroline is studying photosynthesis in biology right now, and I've been looking at diagrams of plant cell structure with her. Lots of chartreuse and great shapes and all I think about when I look at them with her is what great quilts they'd make! Maybe my chartreuse piece will have to do with plant cells!