Thursday, June 17, 2010

Working Through a Block

Though I've been focused on another project, I've had "Purple and Yellow" percolating in the back of my mind. One of the first things I thought of, based on Karen's "Opposites Attract" title, was the "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul" quilt block. Then I noticed that my Colorplay quilts have been rather quilt block-y. I've since made half a dozen sketches based on simple blocks that are the opposite of each other.



Part of my foot dragging on this piece is that although I liked the opposites concept and I am happy basing it on a traditional quilt block, it wasn't looking arty enough. I finally decided that in order to move on, I needed to actually try the blocks. Less than half way through I knew it just wasn't working. However, making them jarred something loose because I'm now moving right along on a Robbing Peter to Pay Paul-inspired, opposite-y quilt that does look arty.

1 comments:

Gerrie said...

LOL! Can't wait to see it.