Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Slow Volcanic Activity



I admit it, I've been a little behind on this challenge. Between book writing at the beginning , Disneyland, dieting and exercise, and the craziness of everyday life I just haven't had the energy to do much creative. Plus the color scheme is way out of my comfort zone. Finally, last week I have made myself get to work. I started with quilting a big pile of fabric sandwiches. Over the weekend my parents took all the kids over night. My husband was away at "men's weekend" so I had the house to myself and time to paint. I had a lot of fun once I got to work. Orange really isn't as scary as I make it out to be. Now that I have the raw materials I need to get to work putting them together into a quilt. I still have a few days, right?

6 comments:

Terry Grant said...

Looking very intriguing. Wonderful texture there. Be careful with your orange--once you learn to love it it will change your life! ;-)

Diane Perin said...

These look gorgeous -- I can see how you could just make stacks of these for the color and texture satisfaction! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Gerrie said...

And I look at those colors and think "I want!!"

Terri Stegmiller said...

Yes, mmm hmmm, I repeat everything that was said before me!

Karen said...

I love all this stitching, I just want to touch these.

Kristin L said...

There's a fine line between orange as scary and considering orange as a neutral! I second that once you let a little bit in, it will want to be everywhere! ;-) I love teh swirly red/orange/black piece and can't wait to see how you pull it all together.