Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dollar Store Find

I have been storing my 12 x 12 quilts in a big ziplock bag to keep them clean and together. The other day I was browsing the Dollar store, where I seem to find great containers for things, and found this nice plastic envelope that is exactly the right size to hold the 12x12 quilts. Nice thick, firm plastic with a string closure. It has pleats at the sides and bottom so that it expands to about an inch and a half in depth. It may hold all 12 if I don't make them too fat. They looked so handy that I bought several! At $1 a piece I can afford to keep some on hand.

If you like the looks of these, the store was Dollar Tree and they are in the craft/scrapbooking section. Do you have Dollar stores in Australia and England and Belgium?

4 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Pretty nifty Terry! I do believe I have that store in my area, so may have to plan a trip in there next time I go by.

Brenda Gael Smith said...

Maybe you should buy 12 so we don't have to make travel bags for if the Colorplay series ever goes on tour! Yes we have variety shops in New Zealand and Australia along the lines of dollar stores. In the UK, they have one-pound shops. I'm guessing there are one euro shops in the EU too.

freelance writer said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful blog.

Unknown said...

We have Poundstretcher. It amazes me that with inflation they are still in existence!