Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Value of Pink(s)

While it is not my favourite colour (that honour belongs to green), I have no grudge against pink and have made many quilts using pink. However, this is one of the few times that I have tried to make a quilt using ONLY pink. No dipping into complementary green hues; no sliding into analagous purples or oranges; just pink in all its glory. I dyed up a full gradation from soft blush to deep plum. However, when it came to putting my pink piece together, I found that I discarded many middle value fabrics. With only 12x12 inches of quilt estate, I needed the contrast of the dark and light values to give definition to my design. Bring on 12 December so that I can share it with you!

In the meantime, here are some photos taken in Golden Gate park before the fog rolled in.

0 comments: