Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Secret Identity Journal






Ever since Helen announced the theme I have had ideas bouncing around in my head. Sadly, that is where they have remained for the last month and a half. I decided I needed a special journal to explore my identity. The last twenty four hours have been dedicated to creating the journal. I painted lots of papers so I wouldn't have blank pages staring at me. The cover is made from a paint rag and letters from various alphabets. It came together really easy and I love the colorful canvas to work on.

The next task is to fill it up. Maybe inside the safety of the pages I will dare to be the person I've always wanted to be. Maybe I will discover an identity I never knew about. Who knows what the possibilities are. I'm excited! Now to get the ideas out of the chaos of my head and into some type of order. Two weeks to translate my identity into fabric.

3 comments:

Dolores said...

It's a beautiful beginning.

Kristin L said...

It would be hard NOT to want to spend time discovering in this cheerful journal. I can't wait to see what you find.

PAMELA said...

Be bold Nikki and let this journey into your identify reveal itself! Sounds like you are in for a good ride. I do love your paintwork....its yummie.