Sunday, August 17, 2008

Francoise and I


Finally, I got to meet one of you. Francoise and I were both at Festival Quilts and we met briefly, by co-incidence at the Ricky Tims concert, again by design for lunch on Sunday ( when she showed perfect manners in not commenting on the fact that my main course consisted of baked cheesecake and ice-cream) and again by accident by the pictorial quilts later that afternoon! She pre-approved my posting this delightful picture of her. Excuse the fact I am also on it!

The show is a great one and our view is that we should have a Twelveby12 meeting there next year. There is an airport on site so you all have no excuse ( other than that dratted money thing!).

10 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Oh how fun! I'm all for the meet next year....but yes, that dratted money thing could be a problem.

Anonymous said...

I fly into Birmingham in mid-October. Do you think they could bring the 2009 Festival dates forward?

Gerrie said...

And because of that dratted money thing - better known as the exchange rate, I think we need to meet here - at my house!!

Deborah Boschert said...

Oh I just love seeing that picture of the two of you! Delightful. I had so much fun meeting Terri in Houston last fall. Anyone else planning a trip to Houston this year?

Diane Perin said...

Oh! How lucky you are to have met!! It's a great picture of both of you. A meeting for all 12 would be lovely ... gee, Deborah, is Texas a midpoint? And maybe we'd just HAVE to do it around the time of Quilt Festival?

Kristin L said...

I totally wanted to be there -- that dratted move half way around the world really messed me up because I had planned to go see my Sliced Quilt at Festival. Francoise, you have to go to St. Marie aux Mines for us too since I won't be able to make that one either.

Terry Grant said...

How wonderful! It really is so special to meet up with the other 12 x 12s. So far I only know Gerrie and met Kristin last winter. I think a reunion somewhere would really be the perfect thing for this group.

Anonymous said...

You met each other! That's wonderful! Brenda and I might have to vote for you guys to all come to US. We have whales and the Barrier Reef...
...although an excuse to go to Festival might be hard to pass up...

$$$$$$ grumble grumble $$$$$$$

Françoise said...

Hello! I'm back.
I cannot make it to Houston this year, but a 12x12 meeting in Birmingham next August would be wonderful.
BTW, Helen's cheesecake was really impressive
;-)

Karen said...

Wow, I'm all for meeting here in So Cal! Maybe the Long Beach Quilt Festival next July - It's the new Houston. Actually, I could be convinced to go to Houston or Birmingham, I've got the travel bug and I'm itching to go somewhere.