Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Progress...

.... is mostly in my head! I have gone with the District Six idea and have decided to focus on the way the heart was ripped out of the community and is now slowly and inadequately being replaced with a few houses being built. I am planning to have a kind of frame quilt - no, now clear idea how I will do that! - with these little houses



hanging in the gap like mobiles. They are made by basically scribbling with varigated thread on some stuff I bought to make fabric postcards but never used. I don't even remember what it is called but it proves the benefit of having stuff in your stash!

4 comments:

Kristin L said...

These are so cute. i look forward to seeing how you bring them together.

Terry Grant said...

I am beginning to see a pattern to things. It looks to me like most of us are working on an idea that involves multiples of similar or same little images. It will be interesting to see how they end up being put together. The hanging mobile-like houses are intriguing!

Kristin L said...

Hanging mobile!? Oh Terry, you just sent me off on a wild tangent! Darn, and I was finally making progress on my piece today....

Deborah Boschert said...

Yes, it is interesting that we are all thinking about a group of things. I love these little houses.