Saturday, February 9, 2008

Beginnings of a Community

I experimented with my stencils today and here are the results:

As you can see, the water colour pastels and pencils went blotchy with even the smallest application of water. What's the trick for control Diane? The fabric pastels give nice blocks of solid colour but I prefer the blending effects of the paintsticks and the fabric paints. The piece below was done with ordinary acrylic paints on a hand dyed background:

There are some other things I want to try but the exercise so far has certainly renewed my appreciation of the things that Terry and Terri do with paints.

PS: I still propose to have them joining hands but I've kept my practice stencils simple as it's a fiddly exercise cutting out the freezer paper stencils when the figures are less than 1 x 2in tall.

2 comments:

Kristin L said...

I like the clean edges and blending possibilities of the Shiva Paint Stix. I'd love to see a group of paper dolls attached at the hands and maybe feet too.

Deborah Boschert said...

Maybe something three dimensional?!