Thursday, January 3, 2008

Where to begin?

Now that the last of the house guests have made their way home and the kids are back in school, I am looking at my calendar and trying to figure out how to get back to "normal." (Whatever that is.)

I see that the deadline for our chocolate challenge is four weeks from tomorrow. Santa brought more research materials, thankfully. And last night's episode of Project Runway was quite inspiring. For those of you without the luxury of American TV (ahem), Project Runway is a reality competition for fashion designers. Last night they had to make dresses from materials found at a giant Hershey's store!

This dress is made entirely from the inside wrappers of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.


And this spunky little number is made from Kit Kat wrappers and the the packaging from a giant Hershey's bar. I think those are Rolos studding the belt. And how about that cute "kiss" hair do?!

I do love the idea of using real chocolate packaging materials along with my fabric for our challenge.

You can see all the designs from the Project Runway Candy challenge here.

Some of the designers were criticized for not being very "playful." I'm not sure I'll be striving for "playful" on my chocolate 12x12... what about you?

4 comments:

Gerrie said...

You beat me to it. I was going to post on this and then found yours! I loved the show last night.

Nikki said...

I am right there with you recovering from the holidays. It is now time to make some real progress on Chocolate.

Kristin L said...

Thanks for sharing -- since I don't have American TV! I want a Rolo belt. It would be so stylish AND practical (unless I had one of Nikki's more stressful days and ate too much of the belt).

Like several others, I had an idea right away. It took a while to figure out how to do it though (with research of course) -- and do it justice. We'll see if I succeed or not in a few weeks.

Kyra said...

I missed this episode of Project Runway - interesting dresses!

Kyra
www.BlackThreads.blogspot.com