Friday, January 11, 2008

There's still two weeks left, right?

I admit, I've been working on my quilt, and though it is fully formed in my head, it's hardly started in fabric. In fact, most of what I've already done is going to be pulled out today and re-worked. Other projects have taken priority, but hearing about everyone else's movements on the chocolate front makes me itchy to make more progress on mine. I don't want to give too much away (or hype it up more than it deserves), but my concept will be visually expressed as cross between a Fragonard painting...

(via art.com)

and an African-American story quilt like this one by Harriet Powers:

(via Lion's Den Books)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Harriet Powers quilt! I have a little book about it that I treasure.

Diane Perin said...

Oh dear...I'd better get cracking. I'm suffering from too many ideas and although I've been sketching and trying to plan out where to go, I've not committed a single thing to fabric. Maybe the solution is more research?!?!

Terry Grant said...

Me too. Not started, that is. I have a sketch that I made the week after the theme was announced. That is all I have, but I have thoughts. I have ideas. I have fabric. What I don't have is time.

Unknown said...

How??? Linking those two I mean? Oh dear mine is so simplistic in comparison...

Kyra said...

Interesting - would love to see how the two images may go together... the quilt from a former slave and a lady in leisure. Thanks for sharing.

Kyra
www.BlackThreads.blogspot.com

Sara lechner said...

wonderful quilt, I like the white appliqué, kind of ghost one!