Friday, September 21, 2007

Too many directions

Is anyone else having the problem of wanting to go off in too many directions?

I thought dandelion would be a good theme choice because it has so many interesting aspects. And in my doodling and thinking and sketching, I can't seem to settle on what I want to emphasize in my quiltlet. The yellow flower? The downy puff? The spikey leaves? The persistent weediness? The vibrant color? Various of the above features? Yikes -- it IS only one little piece, just 12x12 inches.

It's not easy to keep things simple.

I seem to be generating ideas for a dandelion series.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Diane,
My problem is that I have this fear of doing something too "ordinary", so when people see it they say yup, that's a dandelion alright! I keep looking for something abstract or something no one has ever conceived of before, and that can be stressful

Nikki said...

I, too, am stuggling with what direction to follow. Right now I am exploring the color yellow -- a definete step out of my comfort zone.

Maybe all the ideas popping up are just the nature of dandelions.

Kristin L said...

I'm with all you guys! I have lots of ideas and am trying to narrow them down to the one with the most potential. OK, I've narrowed down to two. It's hard!!