Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Kristin's Intro


Hi everyone! This looks like it's shaping up to be a friendly, enthusiastic, creative group -- I'm very flattered to have been invited.

I'm an American (originally from Southern California), but I've been living in Germany for the better part of the last 11 years. I have two school-age kids and one husband. I have a BFA and worked as a graphic designer before my life with kids, and have been sewing/crafting since I was a kid. However, it's only been in the last five years or so that my inner artist has screamed to come out (no more creative day job, I guess), and I have moved from practical bed quilts to art quilts. As a medium, fabric speaks to me more than paint or photography ever did. Some days I feel like an artist and other days I feel like an imposter with an expensive and space eating variation of bon bons and soap operas.

I see this group as the buddies you go walking or to the gym with so that you keep doing it. I look forward to us flexing our creative muscles together!

0 comments: